Clara Oswald & Updated Rose Clothes


For the longest time ever, I was completely out of skin-colored fabric and was not able to make bodies for all the unfinished heads sitting on my shelf. During that time, I found a tiny amount of fabric enough for one body in my box of fabric scrap and immediately started cutting out a body. I gave it to Clara and only then noticed that there was something wrong with the arms and the upper part of the body, causing them to get scrunched up and ugly looking. I tried living with it, but the scrunchiness was also making her a bit stiff. So, after a lot of thinking, I finally found out how to fix it by cutting where the arms joined at the body and then resewing them. Yeah, that's kind of hard to picture in one's head, but thankfully it worked. :)

So now Clara's body is just like all the other Doctor Who doll's bodies! Whoohoo! Plus, I managed to find some similar-enough fabrics and made Clara's outfit from the Rings of Akhaten. :D
The boots she's wearing are actually Benny's boots from the 1978 black costumes.  :P

Her tights are also made of some of my old tights.  :P

Clara actually has zippers on her sleeve, but I don't have any that small, so I used buttons and they look pretty good.  :)



On my second post ever on this blog, I put up a picture of Rose's outfit from Tooth and Claw that I made. At the time I thought it was absolutely, positively perfect, but now that I see it, it looks terribly wrong. The shirt's the wrong color, the leggings are bleh, and there is no flower on the pocket, so I decided that I needed to make a new one, besides I am a perfectionist. :P So, the other day, I was looking through some of my old clothes and found some that are just right, so I made a better costume. Hooray!
Tada!!  :D  I removed the flower from the old jumper and made a new shirt, new tights, and boots.  ;)


No more flower, yay!  :D
Plus, I'll be making Rose's outfit from Doomsday pretty soon as well as making a body/bodies for Rory and Jackie. :)




Comments

Popular Posts