Eleonore's Mini ABBA Dolls

As a gift for my BFF, ABBAFan Seventies, who I got to meet for the first time in real life this summer, I made mini ABBA dolls for her! :D
Agnetha, Bjorn, Benny, and Frida.  The pattern I used was one I created myself after a lot of thinking.  Unlike the usual dolls I make, their feet actually bend forward... sort of. :P

I did my best to make their faces as identical to the faces of my dolls, and I'm quite surprised by how well it came out! :D

They're dressed in ABBA's cat dresses. This time the outfits, except for Benny's, are made out of satin. (I'm trying really hard not to remake my cat dresses out of satin instead of silk...) The cats on Agnetha and Frida's tops were drawn on MS Paint and printed onto iron-on transfer sheets.... that's how I learned that satin isn't a good surface for iron-on transfers. I had to use fabric glue to keep the cats on.
Progress shots from when I was making the tops. :)


All the shoes are made out of white cotton and cardboard. The majority of the time making these dolls was spent on cutting, stacking, filing, and gluing the pieces together.


Some closeups on Agnetha doll:






And now a closeup on Bjorn:

Bjorn's overalls are also made of satin, and his shirt is made of some spare orange cotton.


These shoes in particular took forever to make, but it was definitely well worth it. :)





Benny:

The silver on Benny's sleeves are made out of the sparkly silver ribbon I like to use a lot.  :)


Long and wide pants. :)


Benny's actual shirt has an elephant on the back, but I couldn't find any good pictures of the decal, so I left it out.


Frida:






So yeah, these are the dolls. I hope you enjoyed this detailed post on the dolls, and again, thank you Eleonore for such a wonderful visit! <3

Comments

Popular Posts