Captain Hunter

As a huge fan of Legends of Tomorrow, Kitty and I had to made a doll of one of our favorite characters: Rip Hunter. I know we already have a Rory Williams doll (Rip and Rory are both played by the same actor in case you didn't know...), but Rip is such a loveable character we had to make him. So here he is, together with his doppelgänger Rory. ;)

Rip and Rory.
You can see how much my drawing style has improved over the years.  Who do you think looks more like the actor, Rory or Rip?
Both time travelers, two completely different characters.
One of my favorite things about Rip is his outfit.  I had so much fun designing the outfit for my doll and I'm super pleased with how accurate it looks!


His leather jacket (that I made out of simple brown cotton because I don't have leather) was really simple to make.  I chose not to make it super detailed since Rip is rarely seen without his trench coat over the jacket. :)



His belt and holster (and also the strappy thingy he wears over his jacket) were made out of bias tape.
The holster stays on with a small piece of velcro.  I know it looks kinda choppy here and that's because I had been running short of time and well, got bored. :P


His pants.  (Apologies for the blurry picture!) I even added working pockets. :D


His shoes.  These are over simplified versions of his boots because I couldn't get any good pictures of his boots and I'm also not that good at making doll shoes.  I'm still very happy with how they turned out, despite looking a little messy.


I added three mini-buttons to the side of his coat.  I'm sure there are more buttons on his coat, but I didn't want to overload it with too many buttons.


Now I have to try and keep myself from attempting to make a doll of Paul Coates from Broadchurch as well... ;)

Comments

Popular Posts