Waterloo Beanie

(My last post was from October, oops...)

If you read my post on my main blog, you'll see that I recently taught myself to Crochet.  Crocheting is a pretty complicated skill, not gonna lie, and while I'm decent at it now, I had so many difficulties trying to figure out each stitch and to remember how to do each stitch.  So you can imagine how much harder that would be if I tried to do that in miniature...

I've made Agnetha and ABBA's Waterloo costume a couple of times at this point. In 2012, I first made ABBA's Waterloo costumes, and they weren't all that good.  Agnetha's beanie was made out of stretchy blue fabric, and the sequins were a combination of gold and silver because I didn't have enough silver, lol.  And the chains were made out of beads painted grey, and were really bad.

In 2014, I remade all the costumes in honor of ABBA's 40th anniversary, and I definitely did a better job this time.  The beanie was actually knitted this time, knitted by a friend of mine, only this time I used blue sequins instead of silver??? 
Fast forward 6 years later, after learning how to crochet to make Agnetha's beanie in real life, I decided it would be fun to try and make a proper beanie for my Agnetha doll using the actual instructions from ABBA the Museum's kit. Instead of making it out of yarn, I decided to use embroidery floss from Walmart as well as a 10/1.30mm crochet hook that I found in the closet.  And because I was using such a small hook and embroider thread, I was able to follow the instructions from ABBA the Museum exactly (except for the 14 cm part.)

And now, here it is, Agnetha's new Waterloo Beanie. :)

The sequins are a little large, but if I ever find tiny sequins, it should be easy to peel these ones off and replace them.


Both beanies together.  Yes, Agnetha doll's beanie is a darker blue, but it was the closest I could find at the store.
Now that I've made Agnetha a better Waterloo beanie, it's going to take a lot to resist the urge to remake the costumes yet again this time with more accurate fabrics...  xD

Comments

Popular Posts