I am the tiger

 Oh my gosh you guys, today marks a momentous occasion!  I actually fulfilled my own word for once, haha.  I spend today working on Frida's flightsuit, and as expected, it was pretty complicated and time consuming, mostly because of all the hand sewing involved.  It was still pretty fun, and thanks to my having just made Agnetha's yesterday, the methods I used for the pattern and the sewing were still fresh in my mind.  

Frida's outfit is the only one of the four flightsuits to have a zipper surprisingly, and well, I hate sewing zippers, but also it's a lot easier to sew zippers than it is to hand stitch tiny buttons and buttonholes like I did on Agnetha's yesterday, haha. Frida's outfit is quite unique as well with ties on the collar, sleeves, pant legs, and waistband that gather everything.  Because Frida almost always wears another belt over her flightsuit, it's difficult to see that she has a gathered waistband, but it's there.  It took a lot of studying to notice it, but I guarantee you, it is there!!

Anyways, as usual, before we see the finished project, it is very important that we take a look at my first failed attempt at Frida's flightsuit from 8 years ago.

Oh boy....  The only accurate detail to this outfit is the tie on the collar, but oh man, this is so bad, probably one of my worst sewing projects ever, hahaha.  As you can see, my collar was accidentally cut too low, and because I didn't have any means of securing the front (I had no idea how to sew a zipper back then, haha), I just sewed in a panel in between the two front pieces, hoping or the best.  There are no puffy sleeevs or trousers. It's just a basic onesie really, haha.

Well that was quite the eyesore!  Here we have my new and improved flightsuit. :)

Here it is in all it's glory, haha.  I did accidentally make all the ties slightly too long/too wide, so I might have to adjust them later, but here's what I have as of right now. :)

Here is the working zipper.  I believe Frida's in real life is silver, but all I have is white and black, and the black would have stood out way too much, so I opted for the white.  Of course this is a super tiny detail, only nitpickers like me would care, haha.
The sleeves.  Unfortunately they didn't end up as gathered as I wanted, but it still looks pretty good. :3
The pants came out a lot better in my opinion, haha.  Also it's hard to see in the picture because it is so dark, but I made simple brown boots to go with the outfit as well.
Frida wears this brown belt with the flightsuit pretty much all the time.  I did my best to recreate it, and it turned out a little too wide, so I will have to go through and mess with that later.

 As you can see, the belt buckle is a little too far at the back, haha, but anyways, do you like my fancy litlte belt loop that I made? xD  It's just wire bent into a rectangle though, nothing too special.

 

And here is a better look at the gathered waistband underneath the belt. :) 

Also, I forgot to take pictures of it, but Frida has working pant pockets as well.

Here are the girls together. :)  I love seeing their outfits together, they just look so good, haha.  

And as long as we're talking about flightsuits, and that's related to flying, I figure now would be a great time to introduce you to my little feathered friend, Skyler. :D

Anyways, I have no idea when I will get a chance to make Bjorn and Benny's outfits, but thankfully both their outfits are identical, so it should be pretty easy when I do get around to making them.:)


Comments

Popular Posts