That's Me

 Well, you guys, I did it!  

 Ever since I first made the flightsuits all those years ago in 2012, I was never satisfied with them and wanted for years to remake them.  I never did, but finally 8 years later, I made the last two outfits, and another batch of ABBA costumes is done!

I spent the entire day today working on the final two costumes, Bjorn and Benny's flightsuits.  The boys' flightsuits are actually identical, so it made patterning them really easy but it took double the time to make them because I was making two instead of one.  Thankfully Bjorn and Benny's outfits are pretty straight forward, with not many little details. Though sewing on little buttons and button holes can be quite time consuming.  Even though it took quite some time to do, I had a lot of patience and also learned a few things, like how to balance a bird on your shoulder while wearing a shoulder perch while also sewing.:)

(Yes I am obsessed with my bird. :) )

 Anyways, before we take a look at the finished project, let's just take a quick look back at my first flightsuits and how bad they were, hahahaha.

I guess you could say these were my worst costume recreations ever, haha.  I did not like sewing buttons back then, and well, neither do I like doing it now.  Instead of doing the tedious work of sewing buttons and button holes, I decided it would be worth it to use snaps.  That did not go well.  Also clearly I did not do a good job making the outfits fit.  Poor Benny has a safety pin holding his outfit closed!  I at least had the basic idea for what the flightsuits were supposed to look like, just it didn't turn out the way I wanted.  Also, why does Bjorn have a pocket while Benny doesn't, and why did I use blue thread to hem everything?? *facepalms*

I guarantee you, I've done a much better job with the boys' outfit this time around, and without further ado, here they are!


This time around, I have actual buttons and working button holes that I tediously sewed by hand.  I wish my sewing machine had a setting for sewing tiny, tiny button holes, haha.  It would make this process so much better.
There are two working pockets on the front of each flightsuit.
And then there are these weird pockets/belt loops that the boys have going on.  Yes I know, I made them a little too big, but if I made them any smaller, I would have had trouble flipping them right side out lol.

Now while the front of the outfit is tied together with straps, they don't actually go all the way around and instead of elastic around the back.  There are also two pockets on the back of the pants as well that are also functional. :)

And here they all are together, all four members together with their new flightsuits. :)


Benny's trousers are not actually that short by the way, they accidentally bunched up when I was setting the picture up!!  And yes, I did not make the boys shoes.  They are barefoot. :3

I am just so happy with the way these outfits turned out, and grateful to finally have the expertise and skills to make these outfits again properly.

I have no idea which ABBA outfits I'm going to make yet... well actually I do have something in mind, I just don't know when I'll ever be able to work on it because I don't quite have the materials I need, but we'll see what I can do.  I really had fun making these outfits, and hope to make something more soon. :)

Comments

Popular Posts