We have a story and it survived....

  With ABBA voyage about to commence a mere few weeks away, I got inspired to finally work on another set of costumes designed for the virtual show.  Of all the ABBA voyage costumes released so far, these ones probably have the most reference photos available (even more were released today actually haha) and they're also the easiest outfits to make out of all them.  (Ugh ABBA voyage costume designers, why you gotta make everything so complicated???  I'm still gonna make them, but gosh I don't really know if I am physically capable of it!)  Despite there being more reference photos available than of the other outfits, they're still being super secretive and there aren't many photos!  But, I did my best and I think I did a pretty decent job. :)


 Okay so I had originally bought a different fabric to make these outfits out of, actually the fabric that I ended up using for the ladies' boots, but I realized the fabric was a bit too sheer and thin, and the sparkles were too large.  So I instead I used this fabric that I had bought a while ago actually, to try and make ABBA's pink/purble outfits from early 1979, though at that time I had forgotten to get the fabric in Agnetha and Frida's colors whoops.  Anyways, the fabrics I had bought turned out to be perfect for this project, so I'm really happy with that.

These outfits are fairly simple, though all the pleats on Agnetha and Frida's skirts as well as that pleats at the front of Agnetha's top were a little tricky, especially in such small a size, but I'm really happy with how everything turned out.  Also can we talk about how perfect it is that my dolls' hair are kinda based off their 1977 look, just like the ABBAtars?  (even though the ABBAtars say they are based off the 1979 looks, they are obviously based off the 77 looks.  Very obviously xD )

 First let's take a look at Bjorn's outfit.  It's really, really simple - a sparkly t-shirt and I'm assuming black trousers.  Nothing overly special. His outfit was probably the easiest of them all. xD


Next is Agnetha's outfit.  So on the actual stage, her outfit definitely looks more silvery rather than this aqua blue, but based on the one shot we have of her outfit in regular lighting, it seems that her outfit truly is this aqua color.  Also though her boots don't seem to have any sparkle in the regular lighting shot, the stills from the I Still Have Faith In You video show her boots as having sparkles, just like Frida's.





Next is Frida's outfit.  It's very similar to Agnetha's, as in a top and a skirt, but hers is silver, just like Bjorn and Benny's, her top doesn't have that pleat situation in the front, and she wears a belt.  Someday I'll get a nice piece of silver chord for her belt, but for now I'm just using a stretched out piece of the fabric used for her outfit as the belt.




And last but certainly not least, here is Benny's outfit. So here's the confusing part- everyone who's done drawings of Benny's outfit draw him with a vest, but I do not see the vest in any of the shots I have. xD  So I decided to make the vest as well even though I do not see it.  Benny wears a silver top, I'm assuming long sleeved, with assumed black trousers, an assumed black vest, and a silver scarf.



 So yeah, that's what I was able to whip up over the past couple days.  I'm really excited for the Voyage shows even though I'm probably not going to be able to see it any time soon.  I just hope people will be able to share pictures of the ABBAtars and all their glorious super complicated costumes. xD

Comments

Popular Posts