I know it's gonna mean so much tonight...

I had a sudden burst of creativity today and decided to make a much needed update to Agnetha's Super Trouper/Happy New Year dress that I initially made four years ago, and while I was at it, decided to make Frida's dress as well.  I'd bought the fabric for it about a year ago, maybe less idk I can't remember, and had already in my head came up with the pattern, all that was needed was to actually make the dress hehe, so anyway, here it is. :)

For Frida's dress, I'm well aware that the fabric is slightly off-white, more gray then I wanted, but it's super sparkly and definitely feels the way I imagine Frida's actual dress to feel.  Of course because I'm making this in miniature, not all the details are easily visible, but all in all it was really simple to make.




For Agnetha's dress, I took off all the sequins that I had initially sewn on by hand and replaced them all using a thing of silver sequin trim?? idk I bought it last year as well for use in another costume that I have yet to make, and attached it with hot glue.  I also shortened the straps for the dress so now it fits the doll better.  Because I made the dress originally to fit Agnetha dolls' first body, the proportions aren't 100% right, so if I ever feel like it I *could* try to take in the seams a bit, but that'll take too much work and it's not all that necessary.

All in all, I am happy with today's updates, and maybe someday I'll work on Bjorn and Benny's suits that they wear to match these outfits. :3


Comments

Popular Posts