River Song's Hair

  As everyone knows, River Song has a huge mop of curly hair.  And if you were to make a River Song doll, it would have to have curly hair, because you can't have a River Song doll without curly hair.  :P

  River Song is one of my favorite characters in Doctor Who, so I just had to make a doll of her!  The only problem was that I did not know how to make curly hair.

  Several years back, I had tried making curly doll hair by wrapping it around my finger or a wide pen and then sewing through the yarn.  Since I didn't have any wide pens available at the time, I used my finger.  And several times I would accidentally sew through my skin... which hurt.  >.<








  This is what I got.  (See image to the right)  It was a very long and tiring process, and I obviously didn't want to go through all that again.

  Another time, I tired gluing the yarn, which came out awful because I only had a glue gun and the glue was very, very messy.

  So, I decided to go do some research.  I found some pretty good instructions on how to curl yarn, but all of them needed the oven.  And I wasn't too crazy about putting yarn in the oven, so I decided to try something of my own.

  First, I tired wrapping yawn tightly around a stick, and then spraying hairspray on it. It took forever to dry, so I just abandoned it.  When it did dry the next morning, it had all fallen out, so there was no way I was going to use that process.

  I then tried ironing the yarn and that didn't work either.  o.O

  So, I finally went with this blog which had the easiest of all the instructions on how to curl yarn.  The funny thing is that the owner of the blog was curling yarn for her River Song doll, which was amazing.

  So, I followed the instructions, and this is what I got!



  Awesome, right?  And yes, I know River's face didn't come out too good, but at least her hair is perfect!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts