Overwhelmed with Satin, fake satin, and well... satin-like ribbon. :P

 About a week ago, I found some white satin at the store.  I bought it and immediately started getting to work.  First off, I decided to make Kimono v.4.  I've done several tries at making the kimono.
Kimono v.1.  Everything was one piece, and the design was painted on with acrylic paint. I have to admin, it was pretty creative.  These were the second outfits I ever made for these dolls.

Kimono v.2.  This one i did with a mixture between acrylic paint and glitter pens.  It came out sooo messy, but it was worth a try.  :P

Kimono v.3.  I did the designs with sequins which was really good.  The colors were done with regular cotton fabric.  The costumes don't really fit, but who cares...?  Sorry dolls...
And now for Kimono v.4.

This is it!  I haven't put any designs on it yet because I ran out of sequins and there aren't any sequins at my local store because they're "out of season".  o.O  I can't decide if I'm going to embroider the designs (like Owe Sandsrom) or sew on sequins...  For the first time, I made a new pair of pants.

If you notice, I've done quite a bit of repair work on Agnetha's chin.  She's ripping!  :'(  But its okay, she'll be here for another however long years because I keep on repairing her. :)

New sleeve.

  I did the sleeves differently this time.  Instead of making them a straight angle like this (see below), I made them like the actual Kimono sleeves.   Nice, right?
Original Sleeve.

  Satin is also very hard to sew.  In order to keep it from fraying, I had to use a serger to hem them.
The different pieces I used to sew this. 

This is what happens if you don't serg (spell?) it.  Its already beginning to fray...
So that's all for the kimono. Now for some more satin...
Remember these?  Probably not because I posted the on my main blog. :P  Anyway, I noticed how choppy the designs on the front are!  I did them with a mixture of t-shirt material and not-stretchy cotton.  :P  Choppy.
  I've been collecting all these types of ribbon so I can make the white outfits from the 1979 tour.  So, I decided to use some of those ribbons and fix up those costumes.  :P
Using the same jumpsuit, I seem-ripped the seems (:P) and took off the choppy design.  Then I started sewing on ribbon and got myself this.  :D
Frida's jumpsuit.

Agnetha's jumpsuit.  :)

   I also got a hold of some light-blue fake satin and made Bjorn a much better and more accurate jumpsuit. :P  Fake satin is just as hard to sew as real satin.  They both fray, so I had to serge all the edges as well.
Bjorn looking very happy with his new jumpsuit.  (Hey look, there's my hand and my shadow!)  Bjorn's wearing the wrong boots, but I'll fix that up later.  :P
I finally figured out how to sew a zipper.  SO COMPLICATED!
With some sew on velcro, I made him a belt.
So that's all for now.  :)  Next up is Benny's outfit and the white outfits.

Comments

Popular Posts