New Doll: Harley Quinn

If you saw our photo on Instagram, then you probably know who our newest doll is. And if you saw the title of this post, then you definitely know who our newest doll is. ;)


Anyway, here she is: Harley Quinn!

Just a heads up, Kitty and I haven't seen Suicide Squad nor do we really want to watch the movie, we just thought this'd be a fun project to do since it would be a challenge (and we like challenges). As we're not a fan of how short Harley's shorts are in the movie, we chose to extend them for this doll. They didn't come out as long as we liked, so we will most likely be making another pair of shorts.
We chose not to give Harley all of her tattoos since there are a lot of them and we wanted her to remain cute, but we did include a few.


We dyed Harley's hair using some tempera paint and watercolors.  It was pretty tricky, but the end result is really good.  You can see how we did it by watching one of the videos at the end!


We have Harley's hair styled in cute pigtails.  :)


Harley's belt is just bias tape sewn together with some sequins sewn on top.  It's super simple, but it goes well with the outfit.


Her shirt was painted with watercolors.  I meant to put blue on only one of the sleeves, but I'd messed up and put it on the wrong sleeve, so I put it on both. :P
I really like the way Harley's boots came out.  They're definitely not accurate to the ones she wears in the movie, but I found it'd be way to complicated for me and simplified it.  This is the first time I've made heels for my dolls, so I'm really pleased with the result.


And here are two videos we filmed while making Harley:



Comments

Popular Posts