Sneakers


One of this things I have never been really good at making are doll shoes. If you notice, a lot of out dolls, both cloth dolls and store bought dolls never seem to get any homemade shoes. They're super hard to make, and though I make them at times, like for our RWBY dolls, I really can't stand making them. But, I have wanted to get better at making them, especially for our big cloth dolls, so I decided to try and make a pair of sneakers for my character Stevie. I have attempted to make actual sneakers for our dolls before, like for out Clara Oswald doll as well as for our 10th Doctor doll, but they aren't really good. This time however, I think they came out decently. :)


One of the biggest problems for making shoes for our big cloth dolls is that they have really oddly shaped feet.  I think I was able to make the shoes look pretty good despite that. :)


One thing I feel I should mention is that I sewed the first shoe by hand because I thought it'd be impossible to do on the machine, but it turns out it was actually easier to do on the machine than by hand, so one shoe looks worse than the other, haha.



Comments

Popular Posts