Sweet Mother Of Monkey Milk!


It's been a while since I've shared anything cosplay related for
myself. I haven't had much opportunity to do any cosplaying at all lately, but I did get a chance to make for myself a Vanellope Von Schweetz costume from Wreck it Ralph. When I watched the first movie, I loved Vanellope a lot, but after watching Ralph Breaks The Internet in theater, I knew I had to cosplay her!




The sweatshirt is actually made of two different shirts from Goodwill combined into a sweatshirt.  It's really hard to find two shirts of the exact same color at Goodwill, but I got really lucky this time. The hood, pocket, cuffs, and ribbing at the bottom are all made out of the second shirt.


The skirt is pleated to give the appearance of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup wrapper and is made out of a simple brown bed sheet from Walmart.


The string for the hoodie is made out of red yarn.


As is the little stitching above the pocket.




I make all types of pants and leggings for my dolls all the time, but let me tell you, full size leggings are complicated!!  My mom let me use some of her stretchy blue material to use as the leggings, and while there are some mistakes, I'm really happy with how the leggings turned out.


For the candy in Vanellope's hair, I made some candy pieces out of foam and stuck them to bobby pins.


And for the licorice around her ponytail, I used red pipe cleaners.




It was a lot of fun dressing up as Vanellope for a day, and I really enjoyed making her outfit for myself.

Comments

Popular Posts