Olly Molly

 If you guys remember, back in 2016, I got my first ever American Girl doll, a used Molly McIntire off of Ebay.  Molly was always my favorite doll - it's because of her I became obsessed with glasses and the moment my vision seemed to go slightly bad at 8 years old, I told my parents and I got my first of many pairs of glasses and I was the happiest girl alive lololol.  Anyway, Molly's my favorite doll, second to Elizabeth, who I also eventually got used off of Ebay.  Since getting her, I've attempted remaking a lot of her clothing, like her school outfit, a personal favorite (I did remake her shirt too eventually but funnily enough I have no pictures), and even bought most of her outfit off of ebay last year:

Now I love my used Molly.  She's an original Pleasant Company doll, and she's super cute.  Recently, American Girl brought Molly back from the vault, in her original outfit and a bunch of her old items. I figured if I ever wanted to treat myself to a very expensive new American Girl doll and get to experience opening one up, now was the time.  After a couple of months debating, American Girl has a sale with like 20% off site wide or something like that, so I jumped at the chance and now I have my second very own Molly McIntire to add to my collection,  I also ordered Molly's school outfit for my first Molly doll to have, and she looks incredible in it.







And being the cool company that they are, American Girl also included this free gift of an Olympic jacket with some medals and an American flag which was super cool and unexpected.



As someone who grew up more on the poor side, I had always dreamed of getting to open my own new American Girl doll as a kid, and while I'm not a kid anymore and don't really need to get more AG dolls, I'm to happy I got to finally have this experience.  Though I will say the quality of their products is absolutely incredible, and I totally get why they're so expensive, I probably won't go buying more AG dolls in the future.  They're so expensive and I can only justify spending so much money, but I'm glad I finally have a new doll to call my own. :)

Comments

Popular Posts