The False Shepherd

"Just 'cause a city flies don't mean it ain't got its fair share of fools."

I mentioned in my Elizabeth cosplay post that I might make some Bioshock Infinite dolls in the future... and well, I ended up making them sooner rather than later.  Meet the newest doll in our evergrowing collection of homemade dolls, Private Investigator Booker DeWitt, former Pinkerton agent and soldier in the 7th Cavalry. 

Normally when I make my dolls, unless they're of a character who's evil (Kylo Ren, General Hux), I like to give them happy faces, with a cute smile.  Booker is a very serious character, and in all the pictures of him, he never smiles.  (I honestly can't imagine Booker smiling, either.)  So I found it a little tricky to convert his face into my drawing style without accidentally making him look evil.  I think the end result turned out pretty good, and I'm really happy with the way he looks.
Seeing as I had already made his outfit in full-size for my brother's cosplay, making his outfit again in miniature form was a lot easier, though one thing I've learned is that sewing vinyl is easier to do in full-size than in miniature.  (I may have broken a few sewing needles while working on this... Ooops...)
Booker wears a simple black button down shirt, with a white collar and white cuffs.  I was able to make it fairly easily.  I made his vest the same way as I did the full size one.  His neckerchief/neck tie was made the exact same way as the full sized one as well.

Since this is a miniature version of his vest, I was able to sew on the detailing on the lapels using a regular stitch instead of a zigzag stitch.
 For Booker's holster harness thingy, my dad helped me to make some buckles or tri-slide glides I think they're called out of wire. 
The holster.  I accidentally made it too large, but maybe it's for Booker's large weapons like the Sniper Rifle or the Shotgun. :')  The front flap closes with a small sew-on snap and then I used a sequin over the top.  I used black acrylic paint to weather it just a little bit.

And this is the pouch that's on the other strap.

The back of the harness.  You can also see I made another belt buckle/Tri-slide glide thingy for the strap on the vest.
I made Booker's pants the exact same way I did the 10th Doctor's suit 4 years ago.  (Wow was it really that long ago..? :O )  Back then it took forever for me to make the pinstripes, but for this I surprisingly made it really quickly, within 10 minutes I believe.  It helped that I was just making a pair of pants and not the suit jacket.
 
I don't actually like making doll shoes because my dolls have weirdly shaped feet and it's a pain to try and make shoes, so I almost always leave my dolls without any shoes (there's a reason I never showed the Jonas Brother's feet in all the pictures I took, haha) but I decided to try my best and make him a pair of shoes.  Now Booker's shoes actually have some silver details on the outer edges of that front flap there, but I didn't bother to try and add anything since I didn't have anything small enough.
And last but not least, his daughter's initials that he carved onto his hand.  For this I just used a brown fabric marker and drew it on really, really thinly.
So that's all I have for Booker.  I should have a post on Elizabeth up in a few weeks, but until then, I hope you enjoyed meeting Mr. DeWitt.

Comments

Popular Posts