The Seed of the Prophet

"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

Elizabeth is definitely one of the best video game sidekicks out there.  She is extremely helpful throughout the game, gives you ammo, medical kits, and salts when you're low, yet she never ever feels like a plain old non playable character.  Not only is she brave, strong, and honestly the best character in Bioshock Infinite, she's also extremely adorable, which is how I tried to capture her in doll form. :)
Elizabeth and Mr. DeWitt.  Since Booker is 6'1" in the game, and Elizabeth is around 5'6", I made her a bit shorter than him.  She turned out a little shorter than I wanted, but I think it's fine.

While the game is quite serious, there are some funny parts to the game, and Elizabeth is able to enjoy herself and have a little fun throughout the game.  I was able to give Elizabeth a bit of a smirk like she does sometimes and I think it resembles her pretty well.

Elizabeth's hair is tied into a ponytail with a simple black ribbon.

For the majority of Elizabeth's outfit, I used scraps and leftovers from my full-sized Elizabeth cosplay.  I pretty much made her entire outfit the exact way I did my cosplay, just in miniature. :')

I have the pleats or tucks I think they might be called down the front of the outfit as well.

And the shirt buttons as well.  I even made little miniature button holes by hand. :3

For Elizabeth's cuffs, they're held together with two sew on snaps, and to give the illusion of pearl buttons, I actually used googly eyes, painted over with white paint and even some pearl-like nail polish I have.

And the cuffs roll up as well just like Elizabeth's actual ones.

For her skirt, I made the straps that go over the pleats a little too big, but that's okay since it's a doll.  I also glued on sequins for the silver detailing that's there.

Elizabeth wears a pair of knee-high or just below the knee-high boots, and I did my best to remake them for the doll.  As I've mentioned, I have a lot of trouble making doll shoes, so they aren't the best, but they look enough like it so it's fine for now.

And finally, we have the choker.  As you know, I accidentally got super tiny pendants when trying to make the choker for my cosplay, and these are what inspired me to make the Bioshock dolls.  They're just the right size for Elizabeth, and to have them both on since you have the option of choosing either the bird pendant or the cage in the game, I have one on the back and one on the front, and they can easily be moved around depending on which one you want to show. (You may have noticed in the pictures above that I was switching them around for fun. ;) )
So now I've made Elizabeth and Booker, and I kinda want to try my hand at making other characters like Songbird and the Lutece twins.  We'll see, but until then, I hope you enjoyed this post. :3

Comments

Popular Posts