Completed: Frida and Bjorn's 1977 Gold costumes

  I finally got these done.  Now I have to work on Benny's 1977 costume as well as his blue 1979 costume, and then off I go to the white 1979 costumes!  :D

Frida!! :D  I have an old pair of gold boots from a "fail" version of these costumes which actually look good, so Frida'll get those for her costume.  ;)
   The following two pictures I took during the making of Bjorn's jacket which I completed in at most 5 hours.  ;)
Owe Sandstrom used a fabric with gold designs already on it, but I don't have anything like that, so Becky the Perfectionist went and embroidered them herself.  With the sewing machine, of course.  I don't think I'd be able to manage doing each little design, one by one, by hand.  It would drive me mad.

All the parts of Bjorn's jacket fully embroidered and ready to be sewn together.  ;)  And yes, I intentionally left the lapels without any embroidery as you will see below.
   And now for the final product.  :)
I've already received several compliments from family members how gorgeous the entire thing came out.  :)  Fluffy Pinky kind of photo bombed the picture when she accidentally slid off the armrest of the couch and landed here. Really.  She fell in last minute.  :P

Without the jacket.  ;)

The jacket by itself.  I love the way the sleeves came out.  Absolutely beautiful!  And if you notice, I added in a hook and eye to the bottom of the jacket to keep it on Bjorn.  He's a little too skinny, unfortunately.  :P  
  Someday I'm going to show all my doll costumes - not including the fail versions - to Owe Sandstrom.  I'm sure it'll make him proud. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content.

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate

Popular Posts