An American Girl on the Home Front

It had always been my dream to get myself my very own American Girl doll. I had my heart set on getting Molly, and when the company decided to retire her, I felt like my dreams had been crushed and that I'd never be able to get her. A few days ago, Kitty and I were searching through Ebay to see if maybe we could find an Amercian Girl doll for cheap, and we came across a good condition Molly doll as an auction. So, we took a chance, and we won! And today, Molly McIntire arrived.
The doll didn't come with any clothes or accessories accept for two hair ribbons (not even her glasses!), but she's in fantastic condition!  (we made her clothes!)

Her skin has a nice soft touch to it and she's one of the original Pleasant Company dolls.


My only concerns are that the color seems to have faded from her lips and cheeks, and also that she has several short hairs in the back that look like they were cut. I'm thinking that maybe her hair was done like that from the start since her hair is meant to be in braids, and one of the new wellie wishers has her hair cut like that as well.





We made Molly's hat using some old patterns that American Girl had released many years ago. The rest of her outfit we sewed ourselves, and her stockings and shoes belong to Kitty's doll, Linda. I hope to be able to get her a good pair of glasses at some point, since you can't have Molly without her glasses!


Now, next time I want to sit back and read all of Molly's books (which I do own... You see how obsessed I was?), Molly and I can read them together. :) Overall, we are very happy with Molly and it feels so good to finally own an American Girl doll!!

Comments

Popular Posts