ABBA Sweatshirt

4 years ago, in 2013 I had made for myself my own custom ABBA T-shirt. It was a pretty neat shirt, with facts about the ABBA members written on the back. Only I have since out grown the shirt, after all I did make it 4 years ago!
Cute picture on the front with the ABBA logo sitting there. :)  I didn't do all that great a job with the ironing though, as you can see by the bottom right corner - it's starting to peel. xD

And the back, with my very neat ABBA facts. :D  I'm sure I've caught a lot of attention by wearing this shirt.  I at least hope that people found the facts interesting. :3

Since I can no longer fit my custom T-shirt, why not make another? This time I made myself a custom ABBA sweatshirt. And here it is! :D I chose to go for a very basic and simplistic look while still including some facts in there.

The shirt I used was just a simple blue sweatshirt I found at Goodwill. It's a few sizes too large, but I love the look of big comfy sweatshirts!
To be extremely simple, unlike my first t-shirt, I decided to just have ABBA's logo at the front with the years that ABBA was together on top of it, plus a silhouette of ABBA on the bottom.  I think it gives just the right amount of information about ABBA and I can show off my love for the band without calling too much attention to myself.

I had wanted to use this picture of ABBA, one of my favorite pictures of the group, on the sweatshirt while still being simple, so I made the silhouette by myself.

Basically I made the designs and printed them out on dark iron-on transfer sheets.  Then using an X-acto knife, I cute out around the outlines.

To get the designs big enough for my sweatshirt, I printed them out on two separate sheets.
Then after cutting them out, I ironed them on the sweatshirt using the instructions on the packaging and viola, I have my own custom, super comfy, and simple ABBA sweatshirt. :D

Comments

Popular Posts