Knitting

As a child my grandma had tried to teach me to knit but I could never get the hang of it. Almost 10 years later I decided it was time to try and pick it up again. Using this video tutorial I was finally able to understand the method and how knitting works. It took several tries but I decided that as my first knitting project I was going to make a scarf for when I eventually make Pippin Took from Lord of the Rings.
Here is the scarf being modeled on Frodo.


A closer look.  Now of course the scarf isn't perfect as it was only my 2nd attempt at knitting (there are a couple of holes here and there), but it came out really good for a first timer I think! 
I added some tassels to the bottom of the scarf.


The scarf in total length is about 20 inches or just a little less than that.  It took me pretty much the whole day to get it done but it's totally worth it since the end result came out so good.  The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that Pippin's actual scarf is a slightly different color and has some brown in it as well, but I really don't care. :)


First attempt (right) vs. second attempt.  You can see that I didn't get very far on my first attempt.  I'm glad I decided to do it again. :D

Comments

Popular Posts