New doll: 13th Doctor

As soon as the 13th Doctor was announced, I knew that I had to make the doctor's thirteenth incarnation as a doll! I'm very excited to see what adventures the 13th Doctor will bring us! :D When i made this outfit, not many photos were released for me to use as reference, so I can't say this costume is all that accurate, but I did my best and I'm quite satisfied with the way it all came out. :)

Here she is! :)

For her hair, I decided to try a technique I learned for layering hair, and I think it came out pretty good. :D

I made her shirt out of black cotton and added a strip of white across the front so I could add the colors in myself.

I don't know if this is how her suspenders are actually in the back, but I chose to make them in a Y shape.

The suspenders attach to the pants with hook and eyes.

I didn't exactly have the right colors to make her coat, so I used what I had which was a silver satin and gray cotton.  Though the fabrics aren't entirely accurate in color, I quite like how it came out.  The coat was probably the most complicated part of her costume since I didn't know how the back of her actual coat was and then I had to line the whole thing which I'm not the best at, but overall it was pretty easy to figure out and make.

When I first made her coat, I wasn't sure if it had a hood or not, but I decided to add it since it looked like it had a hood, and I'm happy to say that her coat does have a hood, so thumbs up to me for guessing right. :D


I'm still not sure how the back of her coat is supposed to look, but I decided to add a pleat into the back as well as a slit in back of the coat.

For her pants I just used a simple blue cotton.  The pants were very easy to make, with a simple waistband and cuffs at the bottom.


Her socks are basically just strips of blue and white cotton sewn together to get the desired look.  If I knew how, I probably would've knitted her socks just I don't know how to do that so this seemed like an easy option.  And her shoes were very easy and simple to make as well.

I had a lot of fun coming up with a design for her outfit and using the few reference pictures I had to make this, and I can't wait to see the 13th Doctor in action when the new season comes out!

Comments

Popular Posts