DIY "Love" Wall Banner Tutorial

Hello again! I'm here with another craft! You can put this one in your room or any other place! ^_^

Anyway, let's start:

What you'll need:

Three Sheets of construction paper, (I chose hot pink, light pink, and white) a plain pair of scissors, four pairs of patterned scissors, and some embroidery thread.


Step One:
Draw a triangle shape on one sheet of your construction paper, the color of your choice, I chose the lighter pink sheet. The triangle can be giant and take up the entire page if you want, I made mine the size of half of the page.

Step Two:
Cut out the shape with a plain pair of scissors.
Step Three:
Then, use a pair of patterned scissors to add some decorative edges to your triangle. :) This step isn't needed if you don't have any of these patterned scissors, but it's a cute addition to the project. :P


Step Four:
Once your triangle is complete, draw a small "L" on another sheet of construction paper; preferable a different color than your triangle. :)

Step Five:
Cut out the shape (Forgot a picture for that step) and then glue the back side of it.
Now you have the first triangle complete! :D

Make three more of your triangles, one with an "O", one with a "V", and another with an "E"! That way it'll spell "LOVE"! ^_^ Who doesn't love love!


When you have all four triangles with the letters cut out, all we need now is to add a some string to it so we'll have our banner! :D


Step Five:
Cut a long piece of embroidery floss, I'm using a multi toned one, I like it because the colors match the colors I'm used for the triangles. :)

Step Six:
Now, use tape to attach the string to the triangles. It's hard to see what I did on the picture, but I hope you can understand. :P

And then you're done! It looks like a really long process, but it's actually very easy, it's just a little frustrating when making a tutorial for it. :P Here's what it looks like on a wall, I used to tape to attach it. :)


I really like this project because it's really cute and easy to make! I meant to use a different type of scissors for each triangle, but I forgot. :P *face palm* Anyway, you can make it for a friend, a holiday, the possibilities are endless! ^_^ So I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. See ya next time!

Comments

Popular Posts