A year in review - Welcome 2018!

Happy new year everyone! :D First post of 2018, wow! As 2017 has just came to an end, I thought it'd be fun to do a little post talking about all the things we've done. I must admit, 2017 has been quite a productive year, with lots of new dolls, homemade and store bought, lots of new projects, and we've gotten into a lot of new things, like Ever After High dolls and Funko Pops.


I'd say that in 2017 we sure made a lot of RWBY dolls. At first I wasn't really a big fan of the show as I never did like Animes, but the show has grown on me quite a bit, hence all the dolls! I definitely plan on adding more RWBY dolls to our collection as they're quite a challenge to try to recreate and it's fun to try and make dolls in a different style!



We also did a few updates to older dolls, like our Clara Oswald and Rory Williams dolls. As my drawing style has improved over time, I feel like it's good to go through our dolls and give them updates so they'll look more accurate. I never was a person to go and change things that have already been completed and was always scared that I'd damage the dolls forever or something, but I say that now I'm more confident in myself that I can fix up older dolls and make them look more like the characters they are based off.

2017 has also seen us go enter areas that we never thought we would, like Cosplay and Photography. I've always wanted to be a photographer and this year I've done several photo sessions with our dolls. Cosplaying has also been something I've dreamed of doing and this gives me a chance to better my skills at making clothing in human sizes and not just doll sizes. :D

Overall, 2017 has been a great year for Kitty and myself, and I hope to see us doing lots more exciting things on this blog this year!
- Becky & Kitty

Comments

Popular Posts