Das Fest Der Pom-Pom-Pompadour

Sorry about the title, but I just love that song that Agnetha Fältskog sings. It's just so catchy even if it's in German. :P
The newest addition to my Doctor Who doll collection: Madame de Pompadour! I actually don't like Madame de Pompadour at all, but Kitty and I decided what's the harm of making her? So here she is! Plus here are some pictures I took while making her. ;)
This is the basic pattern for a doll. However, I decided to do the arms separately because of the arm fiasco that happened with Julia. :P



All cut out and ready to be sewn. :D
A few sketches for her face.  :P
So here she is, Madame de Pompadour.  The neck came out a little too skinny, so she looks a bit like a swan.  :P  And her face came out too long, so that needs to be fixed.
Shrinking her head a bit.  :P
Oops.  I kind of cut my finger.  Ouch.
My cut didn't hurt, but I needed a bandaid in order keep it from staining Madame de Pompadour's head.  Anyway, I decided to make some small curls with toothpicks instead of dowells and managed to do it all in one day.  Cool!  :D
Tada!!!  :D

I tried my best to do her hair in a bun.  It didn't come out too well.  :P

It doesn't look too bad at least.  :P


Oh yeah, the 10th Doctor doll kind of ripped so I had to repair him. The most common place for the dolls that I make to rip is in their armpit. It happens when you try to change their clothes. :P
Before

After

Comments

Popular Posts