Rather Extreme Doll Repair

The other day, Kitty and I decided to make for ourselves a random doll who we named Julia. The head was actually going to be Lois Lane, but we decided that it didn't look much like her, so we turned it into our random doll Julia. I made her a body out of my new stretchy skin-colored fabric, but something happened to the body while tracing it which caused her arms to be super short which didn't look so good.
See what I mean? She looked like an Oompa Loompa. :P So I decided to do something kind of extreme and make her new arms without having to make a new body entirely. I made new arms.
Fully sewn and waiting to be stuffed.

Fully sewn and stuffed.

Yikes. :P  This is the first time I've ever done this, so it's definitely a bit creepy.

2 sets of arms.  :P

Sewing on the arms.

Not bad.  :)



Tada! All done! :D

Comments

Popular Posts