011

I'm back again with another new doll, this time of the character Eleven or "El" from the TV show Stranger Things. I haven't actually watched Stranger Things, but I do hope to watch it at some point, just not now. :) I have, however, seen enough of the show floating around to a point that I've fallen in love with the characters, particularly Eleven. So, I decided to make her as a doll since it would be quite fun plus a bit of a challenge!
And here is the finished result:


I made her hair out of a sheet of brown felt that I had lying around.

I wasn't sure if I wanted her to have a sweet smile so she could also be Millie Bobby Brown, not just Eleven, or a plain face like the character.  I ended up choosing the latter.




I also made her a wig like the one she wears in the TV show.


I made the details at the front of the dress by making several gathers and pulling them extremely tight to the desired effect.  I think it came out pretty good. :)

The socks and shoes are extremely simple without much detail except for the stripes on the socks.  :)
The complete dress.

I also did gathers on the sleeves, but they came out just a little bit  It's alright since she'll be wearing her jacket most of the time.

I put elastic in the cuffs and bottom of the jacket to make it look sorta like a real jacket.  It doesn't stay on all the well due to the elastic, but it looks good so that's all that counts.  Also the fabric I chose frays a lot, so that's going to be quite of a challenge. :P



Comments

Popular Posts