Detour

Last summer Sabrina Carpenter went on a tour around North America called the Detour. I unfortunately missed the chance to see her live when she came close by, but I hope to try and see her next time she's in the area! Anyways, I decided that it would be fun to try and recreate one of my favorite outfits from her Detour for our Sabrina Carpenter doll!









This is my take on the outfit.  It's definitely not 100% accurate, but I did my best to recreate it with the supplies I had.






When I was first looking at Sabrina's outfit, I wasn't entirely sure how to make her sleeves, but they turned out to be pretty easy.  I used elastic to make it puffy and simply added another layer of fabric at the area where I added the elastic so I'd have the double layers on the sleeve.


For the frills at the front, I just gathered two long strips to make them ruffle and then attached them to the front.  I also used Snaps to close the top.


I also added small strips of lace to the front of the outfit on both sides just to add some decoration.


The collar is just a piece of lace that I had.  Very simple and easy. :)


For her shoes I took some artistic liberties since I wasn't able to find any clear photos of her shoes.  I basically just made a simple pair of boots that lace up at the front.


I also added strips of tulle to the sides since I was able to see that Sabrina had some type of lace stuff hanging from the sides of her boots.


For her shorts, I just made them out of denim and cut them up a little so they'd have the desired look.  They're not entirely the right shade of blue, but it's denim so it's okay. :'D


And finally, for the back of the outfit, I just cut out long strips of fabric, gathered them along the top, and attached them to the bottom of the top.
I had a lot of fun making this outfit and hope to maybe recreate more of Sabrina's tour outfits! :D

Comments

Popular Posts