Goodwill Find: Merida Animators Collection Doll

When I first started getting into the Disney Animators dolls, one of the dolls that I had my eyes set on what Merida. There's something about her that I really love! Her face mold is so unique and her hair is incredible! Though I never did get her, I had been wanting her for an extremely long time!
On a recent trip to Goodwill, my brother found a used Merida Animators doll for $2, which is an incredible price for an Animators doll! She was in pretty good condition for a used doll. She had her dress and tights, but she was missing her shoes and Angus, her horse. But that's alright! Only her hair was quite a mess in the back, probably because her previous owner tried to brush it out or something. The front however was pretty fine since it had so much factory hair spray in it!
The front of her hair.  Pretty good condition + the curls are mostly all intact!

The back, on the other hand, was pretty messed up!  Extremely frizzy and tangled!
The other times that I've fixed up doll hair, like Aurora and Elsa, their hair were mostly straight/the curls were too far gone that I had to brush them out anyway. I had never done anything to fix up curly hair like this before! Since I didn't want to brush out all her curls, I decided to brush out the worst bits where her hair was a mess, spray the brushes out bits with water, curl the pieces by coiling them around my finger, and pinning them up with bobby pins. Then I let them sit for I guess a day. And the next day when I took out the bobby pins, the curls came out extremely well! So well that I pretty much couldn't tell the difference between her factory curls and mine!
And after giving Merida a quick scrub to make sure she was all clean, she was all done!

And here she is, all clean and her hair all fixed! (I took her out of her dress since the dresses tend to stain the dolls a lot!)


Merida's adorable little face with that mischievous grin!

The back of her hair looks so much better now!  Much less frizzy and a lot neater!
Seeing as the curling method I used to curl her hair came out so well, I'm thinking that I'll re-curl Aurora's hair just like I did Merida's and hopefully her hair will be much curlier than it is now!
Also I am extremely thankful to my brother for giving Merida to me, fulfilling another one of my random wants, and I'm so happy to welcome Merida to our doll collection!

Comments

Popular Posts